Once connected to the channel you see a screen looking something like this.
- The main channel screen where you can see what's happening in the channel.
- Here you can type stuff that will be sent to the channel.
- The user list.(~ = owner, & = superop, @ = Op, % = Hop, + = Voiced). A Op is a channel operator, Hop(half-op) is a helper for the channel operator, Voiced is when someone is serving they get a + in front of there name as a reward sometimes they also get priority in the queue list.
- The Switchbar here you got different status-bars, from the top to down you see:
- the status screen (it shows you server information and stuff like that).
- the channel screen (that's the channel you see in the main window if you press on it).
- a private chat-window also called pm (here you can talk to someone in private). double click on a nick on the right to PM with someone. but keep in mind to come straight to the point of your question don't ask hey you there and wait.
- that's how a DCC send would look like (more of this later in another tutorial)
if you join a channel it will show you different things. Like the topic where channels show you what there latest releases are and also other important stuff. If you missed it just type in the main channel-windows: /topic #Anime-Supreme. Also most channels have rules you can download or view. Type the following in the main channel-window to get the rules: !rules